Looking north on Main Street in Southington from along the town green, in May 1942. Image courtesy of the Library of Congress, FSA-OWI Collection.
The scene in 2015
These two photos were taken less than 75 years apart, but over that time most of the east side of Main Street has changed. The First Congregational Church on the far right is still there, but all of the buildings beyond it are gone. To the left, the Soliders’ Monument is still visible in both photos,