The Noah Lincoln House at the corner of North Bennet and Salem Streets in the North End, around 1898. Photo courtesy of Boston Public Library.
The corner in 2014:
Also known as the Avis House, the Noah Lincoln House was built around 1716, just a short distance down Salem Street from where Old North Church would be built only a few years later. It was modified somewhat by Noah Lincoln in the early 1800s, and the third floor was added. According to a turn-of-the-century book, it was still standing in 1899, but was probably demolished soon after and replaced with the present building.